Super Easy Sausage and Biscuit Casserole
Hearty, savory, and super satisfying, Sausage and Biscuit Casserole is the perfect morning meal. This is a quick favorite and when you see how effortless it is you’ll make it all the time.
Super Easy Sausage and Biscuit Casserole
Stick to your ribs breakfasts that get you up and going are just the best. This is perfect for brunches, company or just when you want to serve something special for no reason at all. It’s a wonderful spin on a southern classic. Original biscuits and gravy can take quite a bit of time and dishes. This dish comes together in a snap and being all in one dish the clean up is a breeze.
You will love how easy this is to serve and to eat. Being in a casserole everything stays nice and warm a lot longer than if they were seperated. Also because the biscuits are cooked with the cravy they are super moist and delicious. This will become a quick favorite for all occasions
Sausage and Biscuit Ingredients
Rich and meaty sauce with delicate flakey buttery biscuits is so delightful. Simple ingredients for amazing flavor!
- Flour: Thickener for the gravy
- Salt and Pepper: Add more or less to taste
- Garlic and Onion Powder: Adds depth of texture
- Breakfast Sausage: Sausage with the casings removed
- Butter: I use unsalted butter so the casserole isn’t too salty
- Milk: I love the richness whole milk adds.
- Whipping Cream: Creates a luscious sauce
- Pillsbury Grand Biscuits:Definitely want the big ones for this dish
Super Easy to Make Casserole
- Whisk: In a small bowl whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Cook: In a medium skillet add the sausage and cook and crumble till no longer pink. Add in the butter and flour mixture. Stir well.
- Sauce: Slowly add the milk, and whipping cream. Let it simmer till thickened. Poor into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Place the biscuits on top
- Bake: Bake at 350 for 20-30 min ro till biscuits are golden brown.
Tips For Homemade Casserole
- Biscuits: Using pre-made biscuits makes this super fast and easy, but you can make your own biscuits and cook them with the sausage and gravy just the same
- Cut it up: If you want more distribution you can cut up the biscuits into quarters and place on top the same way.
- Sausage: You can use ground sausage, turkey or chicken breakfast sausage as well. You can even play with the flavors and use a sage or even spicy flavored sausage.
Can You Make the Casserole Ahead of Time?
If you plan ahead this Biscuits and gravy casserole can be assembled the night before and then refrigerated until the next morning. You will need to bake it 10-15 min longer to make sure it’s heated through since it will be starting out quite cold.
Storing Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days
- Freezer: You can freeze leftovers in freezer safe container for up to 2 months. Pull it out for a quick hot breakfast any morning.
More Amazing All In One Breakfasts
Have it all in one dish is super easy and delish!
- The Best Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Oven Baked Denver Omelet
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Sausage and Biscuit Casserole
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage casings removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 container Pillsbury Grand Biscuits*
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
In a medium sized skillet add the sausage and cook and crumble until no longer pink. Add the butter and flour mixture and stir until coated.
Slowly add the milk, and whipping cream. Let simmer until it has thickened. Pour it into the bottom of your prepared pan. Add the biscuits on top.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Can make homemade biscuits with this recipe.